FMC HOMEGUARD PRECISION TERMITE MANAGEMENT
Designed and manufactured specifically for the construction industry, HomeGuard is a complete termite management system. A range of products that effectively combine to create a dual, and scientifically proven, physical and chemical barrier to repel and kill subterranean termites.
What is HomeGuard?
HomeGuard is a Precision Termite Management system which is a physical and chemical subterranean termite barrier in one. It is installed to the foundations of new buildings or extensions to provide a continuous barrier, which prevents concealed entry of subterranean termites into the building, thereby protecting your asset. The HomeGuard product range is manufactured in Australia from polymer based products and incorporates FMC’s market leading liquid subterranean termite barrier Biflex, which has protected over one million homes in Australia. The HomeGuard range includes:
• various purpose-designed polymer sheeting – for underlay of slab and retaining walls (TMB) and perimeter wall cavity sheets (Blue and DPC)
• a granular barrier (GT) for subterranean termite proofing voids
• plastic collars for use in slab to protect service penetrations
Regardless of your home’s individual design, there is a total HomeGuard solution to suit a wide range of structural requirements.
How does HomeGuard work?
HomeGuard utilises the proven power of Biflex which is incorporated into its plastic matrix. Biflex is a synthetic pyrethroid modelled on Mother Nature’s very effective insecticide pyrethrum, which is extracted from the pyrethrum daisy. HomeGuard works quickly to REPEL, KILL and BLOCK foraging subterranean termites and when installed as directed, provides an ongoing protective barrier that surrounds your home.
How long will HomeGuard Last?
• The HomeGuard range of products are made from high quality, UV stabilised polymers, designed to handle the rigours of construction and to provide an effective subterranean termite management system for at least 50 years.
• HomeGuard sheeting and collars are CodeMark Accredited (comply with the Building Code of Australia) and are approved for building works Australiawide.
How is HomeGuard Installed?
• HomeGuard is installed during your home’s construction and sealed permanently to the foundations of the building, eg. under/in slab and in the perimeter wall cavity.
• Installing HomeGuard is safe and easy. The material will not cut or sensitise, and is lightweight, odourless and non-allergenic.
• All products must be installed by a trained and qualified FMC HomeGuard Accredited Operator, in order to validate your FMC Million Dollar Warranty. Terms and Conditions apply, see www.fmcaustralasia.com.au for details)
• After installation and to maintain your warranty you are required to arrange the completion of an annual termite inspection, by a qualified Pest Manager. This is to ensure that the integrity of the HomeGuard barrier has not been compromised and aligns with requirements of Australian Standard AS3660 – 2000 Termite Management Parts 1 & 2.
Why is HomeGuard superior to competing brands?
• It is a physical/chemical barrier that incorporates Biflex, a proven market leading termiticide already protecting over a million Australian properties.
• HomeGuard will not corrode, crack or delaminate.
• The FMC Million Dollar manufacturer’s warranty is unique in the Australian market. We are the first company to offer consumers this level of assurance.
• HomeGuard offers a complete range of versatile components that provide coverage for a wide range of structural scenarios within a new home.
• HomeGuard’s distinctive list of clients includes many of Australia’s wellknown and trusted domestic construction companies.
Is HomeGuard safe for my Family, my Lifestyle and the Environment?
• Yes…HomeGuard is completely non-invasive, environmentally friendly and is HIA GreenSmart accredited.
• HomeGuard’s termiticidal component Biflex is highly stable and insoluble in water. It will not leach out of the product with dampness and because it is incorporated into the polymer matrix can be safely installed in a range of building situations.
• Additionally as HomeGuard is sealed within the structure of your home, your family and pets will never be exposed to it, either inside or outside the house. You can carry out normal gardening, home improvement and maintenance activities without fear of disturbing it.
• HomeGuard is kind to the environment. It stays where it is placed and poses no threat to organisms other than subterranean termites. It will not affect the soil, vegetation or water quality of the built environment.
What makes HomeGuard a Cost Effective Choice?
• Because it is a single-installation product, HomeGuard is a low cost system when considered over the lifetime of your home.
• In many cases, HomeGuard sheeting serves a dual purpose, both as a subterranean termite barrier and an appropriate moisture barrier thereby reducing cost.
• The installation of HomeGuard fits seamlessly with the construction process for your new home. Our construction partners save time (and their clients’ money) as a result.
• A HomeGuard barrier offers the Homeowner total peace of mind because it is backed by the FMC Million Dollar, 25 years manufacturer’s warranty.
FMC HomeGuard Million Dollar Warranty
At FMC we wanted to make our commitment to the Australian homeowner absolute and transparent. Knowing that most general household insurance does not cover subterranean termite damage, we have introduced the ultimate subterranean termite secure warranty for Australian homeowners. A no-nonsense, simple warranty covering all structural and decorative timbers that are protected by a HomeGuard subterranean termite barrier which has been correctly installed by an FMC trained
HomeGuard Accredited Operator.
The 25 Year Million Dollar Warranty is conditional on undertaking an annual inspection of the property as detailed in the Australian Standard 4349.3, to be conducted by a HomeGuard Accredited Operator at the home owner’s expense. Other conditions apply. A link to the full warranty terms and conditions is at www.homeguardptm.com.au. HomeGuard Accredited Operators. Only FMC trained HomeGuard Accredited Operators can arrange the FMC Million Dollar Warranty (which is issued by FMC when HomeGuard products have been used to the recommendations of all relevant Australian standards, registered label instructions and the HomeGuard Accredited Operators Training Manual).